Degrees and Certifications:
Jamie Milligan BSN, RN
Health Services Mission Statement
It is the mission of Wills Point Independent School District professional nurse to assist the students to obtain and to maintain their optimal health, thereby enabling them to take full advantage of their educational opportunities.
Health Services Goals and Objectives
1. To administer first aid when necessary
2. To assess the health needs of students and school personnel by making health appraisals and referrals to appropriate community agencies.
3. To keep well and happy children in school a maximum number of school days each year.
4. To provide current health information and instruction to students, parents, and school personnel.
5. To advocate and help provide a safe environment conducive to the promotion and maintenance of health.
6. To promote a sound plan for controlling communicable disease.
7. To promote the value of wholesome, healthy attitiudes toward physical, mental and moral development through teaching and example.
If you want your child to receive the flu vaccination at school and they qualify (Medicaid, No Health Insurance or Native American/ Alaskan Native) fill out the link below and the nurse will send home paperwork with your student that you must fill out and turn back in.
If you have any questions, you can contact the WPJH Campus Nurse Jamie Milligan BSN,RN. Phone: 903-873-5151 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL
In accordance with Section 21.914 of the Texas Education Code, the Wills Point Independent School District has adopted the following policy regarding the administration of medication to students by school employees. All medications (over-the-counter prescription and over-the-counter medications) that are brought to school must be kept in the Nursing Clinic.
No school employee shall be authorized to administer medication to students unless the following conditions are met:
- The school received a signed request to administer the medication to the student, from a parent, legal guardian or other person who has legal control of the student. student
- All medications must be approved by the FDA, in its original, properly labeled container, indicating:
- Student name.
- Name of the medication
- Amount to administer.
- Time to be administered.
- All medications (prescription or over-the-counter) that are required for more than 10 days require the request of the parent / physician according to the SHP 708 form of WPISD. Any change in the dose and / or the prescription time of a student to administer medication requires a new medical form with the parent's signature before any change in administration occurs at the school. Short-term medications, such as antibiotics for 7-10 days, parents must complete form SH-705, medication request form. The initial dose of any new medication will not be administered at school.
- Over-the-counter over-the-counter medications will be administered only if they are in their original container with explicit instructions and a request to administer the medication is in writing according to the SH-705 form. To continue administering an over-the-counter (non-prescription) medication after ten calendar days, the physician and parents are also required to complete the SH-708 form.
- All medications brought to school must be counted by the parents and the school nurse. Send only the amount of medication your child will need to take at school. You can send a monthly supply for long-term medications. Parents who cannot bring the medication to school to count can send a dated and signed note verifying the number of the medication sent.
- Medications must be picked up by my parents. Medications will not be sent home with students unless written by parents.
Wills Point ISD does not discriminate against any student, employee or job applicant based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, political information or any other basis prohibited by law. Employment decisions will be made based on the job qualifications, experience and skills of each applicant.