Phone: (903) 873 - 5100
Degrees and Certifications:
DEGREES: – Bachelor's of Science in History – Master's of Science in Educational Administration
Hello Everyone & Welcome to Wills Point High School.
I am very excited to be a part of a district & community that feels like FAMILY!
I will be beginning my 5th year at WPHS & I believe that I have found my home district because I love coming to work and interacting within the community.
FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR:
I am blessed this year to have the opportunity to move to the Career Technology Education (CTE) Department teaching Audio/Video Technology and Animation, as well as, coaching football and basketball.
My primary focus will be to enlighten students, parents, community members, etc. regarding:
- possible career pathways in the Art of Audio/Video Technology and Communication
- certifications students can obtain within the school year to be prepared for the workforce (whether they go to a trade school/college after HS or not).
A FEW REFERENCE LINKS:
My experience in education began in college as I had the privilege to be a long-term substitute at Rains ISD, which is when I decided that teaching was where GOD had called me to serve.
I have teaching & coaching experience at Wills Point ISD, Rains ISD, Quinlan ISD, & Sulphur Springs ISD. While I have taught Social Studies (U.S History mostly) at every level as well as coached Football, Basketball, Baseball, & Track in my educational career, I have a passion for A/V Technology.
PHILOSOPHY (MY “WHY”):
- One of the best things about being a teacher & coach is watching these student athletes go through the learning process.
- As the light bulb flickers & turns on, being able to witness when a kid "gets it" after all their hard work is what makes me enjoy coming to work every day.
- That look on their faces when they get excited is priceless, because they were successful in achieving something that may have been very difficult and as teachers we get to help make that happen!
- It is truly a "BLESSING" to have the opportunity to continue the traditional foundation & collaborate with other educators to discover the best way to teach ALL students.
- I have heard nothing but great things about the family-based culture, supportive community, & tenacious work ethic that both students & adults possess in Wills Point.
- It is my desire to contribute to the innovative teaching styles I have learned with the overall goal of always improving at what is best for the students, the district, & the community.
I look forward to "another" awesome school year & please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, etc. I AM HAPPY TO HELP
THANKS & HAVE A BLESSED DAY
COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE!
– COACH LOVVORN
VARSITY ASSISTANT FOOTBALL | BASKETBALL
HUDL VIDEO COORDINATOR
WILLS POINT HIGH SCHOOL
— Aim For PERFECTION & You will Achieve GREATNESS